Great day for a run. I milked my birthday for as long as I could - Pat gives everyone a free session for their birthday. I even got an email from him this morning calling me sneaky hee hee!
Back to business - we had 500m reps this morning. I chose to do 6 but as hard as I could. We had done a 3km warmup which got the blood pumping.
The rep distance is not accurate. I am not sure but after talking to other people it would be around 40m short. Might take Garmin out to measure one day.
I did a few strides and felt good but was not really looking forward to it. In the end it was a lot better than I expected after Sunday.
1:52's were the average - faster on the downhills and slightly slower on the uphill. I had one uphill rep at 2:00min where I really felt I was dying. In fact I thought my time would be much slower than this. Pat tried to pace me for one rep but I was going as fast as I could and he ended up dropping me - that was my third rep and I ran 1:50 up the hill - I was flying.
Afterwards I jogged slowly along the course to where the bottom of the Story Bridge hill is. Pat then sent us all up this one - it is very steep. I felt good with my breathing and stomach and legs but just wasn't going very fast. I was happy nontheless as I was overtaking everyone on the way up. Didn't quite manage to catch Tess but got close. I felt very solid after doing that hill rep.
Unfortunately putting 100% into training means you have nothing left - I found the warmdown a struggle and could not wait until the session finished. Finally got back to the Ship Inn and ate a bowl of pineapple.
I was horrified to be informed that during the session as Sue was setting out all the refreshments some guys came along and stole what was on the table. Poor Sue and Pat. I think the guarddog is coming to the next session!!!!
5 comments:
Some homeless runners perhaps?
That would have been disconcerting - having Pat run beside you and hardly raising a sweat!
Ha! Ewen they were construction workers in uniform doing a job at Southbank! That's what made it really bad.
I hope he thought it was some sort of promotion but I doubt it.
Having Pat run beside you is a little unnerving. He did one lap with me and I could hardly made it through the next one.
Ha ha, maybe you would have had a better chance of catching me if you hadn't have started about five minutes after I did ;-)
Nice work this morn, especially after Sunday. We tend to dismiss any races under a half marathon as nothing, but they do take a bit out of you.
Nice work Clairie!
You know Pat will probably tell you that if your running VO2 Max intervals (not reps) then you don't need to run your absolute top effort as max heart rate is max heart rate regardless of the pace.
Did i make sense?
The benefit is that your not completely spent afterwards but you have achieved the aim of the session.
R2B
Post a Comment