Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lazy Sister

It was fun at Pat's this morning. We had a great turnout - of newbies!!! OOOOOWWWEEEENNNN finally dragged his sorry ass along. And I am sure he enjoyed himself and wasn't really sorry at all :) *waves*

Tess and I ran very easy to ensure we didn't injure ourselves or overtrain before Caboolture. All up I believe 9-10km. The rest of the group did:
3km warm up
4min hard, 30sec rest
4min hard, 30sec rest
turnaround
8min hard all way back
3km cooldown

It doesn't matter if you run easy or not. Doing 10km is still a load on the body.

Talking about loads on the body - my sis is piling on the weight from slacking off in her training. I asked her why she had lost motivation. She said she was fully motivated but too scared to train. I thought this was weird until she went to her local pool and took some shots for me - these are from Darwin.


8 comments:

Mat said...

Hehehe, if she did swim train that would be great motivation to swim faster :-)

Anonymous said...

That was actually what I said - my swimming has improved - it had too or else get eaten. Was found in the pool at 5.30am - lucky for us someone had their eyes open, mostly it takes us a few laps to wake up!

Stephen Lacey said...

I was thinking that the croc would surely be happy to help take some of the extra weight off ... a little nip here, a little tuck(er) there...

2P said...

What a croc of an excuse.....

Have fun on Saturday Clairie - looking forward to reading your report.

Tesso said...

Yeah, sure was a fun morning. And even not got flat out wasn't that easy ... you know what I mean :-)

Best thing is we got to hang out with people we don't normally run with. And we got to harrass them to push harder. It worked too, I had trouble keeping up with the buggers!

Cirque said...

Thanks for taking care of the boy for me.

Ewen said...

I don't believe it - you seem to be doing a taper for Saturday. Is that so you can give Stephen some good advice?

CJ said...

Nothing like speedwork in the pool - and that is certainly motivation to get moving!