Toastie, Robbie and I headed out for our usual Wednesday run from the Regatta, over the Storey Bridge and through Southbank back out to the Regatta. I cut the far corner by 300m so I calculated that today instead of 16.5km it was a 10Miler!!
I felt good during the run but was just keeping it an even pace. As soon we got on the bridge I turned the ipod on for some support. It was on the song that I was meant to finish with on Saturday at Caboolture...so it made me feel so good and strong that I surged quickly. The calves felt better for a bit of a fast run so I then decided to do a bit of fartlek on the rest of the way back. Made it hard to keep with the boys who must have thought I was playing games with them :) well I was...but as long as it all helps with the running.
Oh and Ewen, you can keep the 3:15 Canberra Bus Ticket...I'll be happy for a ride on the 3:19:54 bus. Thats the big goal.......
6 comments:
So... that would be the 3:20 bus, where you jump off as it chugs up the hill at the 42k mark and sprint in 'Sh@t I look fast' style to the finish ;)
Like the photo - it wonderful what digital retouching can achieve !!!
Take a day or so torecover fully and then back into with just 8 or so weeks left. The usual question will later arise "Have I done enough?"
Well now is the time to make sure that question is answered yes as you stand at the start line.So take a breath and enjoy the ride for the next 5 or so weeks. Get fitter an stonger thanyou have ever been before.
Sorry I missed this morning, I like our Wednesdays. Sleep and rest seemed the better option.
Hope you did the 20 push-ups at the finish.
Great photo Clairie. I find it quite intimidating. I couldn't run that fast if you were chasing me.
Doh!! See my comment to your last post. Oh well, if you survive it will make you stronger. But honestly girl, after last weekend's race your legs have unfelt stress spots. At this stage even a 10 or 12 k run might cause something to go pop. I'd be putting a bit more ease back into the easing back. It does sound like your body may be up to handling it, but you have me on tenterhooks.
At least aim for 3:16.32 my current and soon to be old PB. What are you soft? You're not moving fast enough in the photo.
Post a Comment