36km in 3:19
The Garmin showed a few hundred metres shy of 36km but I am confident I did the distance anyhow. I was keen to keep going to finish off with a snazzy 36:00km showing on the garmin but wasn't feeling too crash hot so decided to stop being so anal about the exactness of the distances and finished it there at the car.
Cooled down in the pool for 5mins before heading to the cafe for breaky.
At breaky I got unwell from all the food smells. I was very nausea-ish and my body was trying to get me to lie down on the cool floor and forget about the world. I got through and ate my eggs and rye toast before coming home and collapsing in the shower.
It is moments like these that my husband questions my 'healthy' sport.
Thanks to Toastie, Tess, Matt and Celeste for running the distance with me today. I can honestly say it never felt like that far so I was really happy with the distance. We ran average 5:40min/km pace which hurt at first to run that slow but I fell in the groove and it suited me okay for the last 16km. My final 2km I picked it up to just over 5min pace but I was really buggered then and looking to finish.
15 comments:
Well done Clairie on a great run. 36k's is a long way for a training run and I'm not surprised you were feeling a little tickly in the tummy. At least the eggs and rye toast saved the day.
And I also have a spouse who many times has questioned my commitment to this healthy sport of ours, especially when I am hobbling, wobbling, suffering from the niggles, or having an attack of the vapors.
Today we were equally 'un-anal'. I stopped when I got to the picnic table at 29.6k rather than jogging out and back for 200 metres :)
I needed a sleep when I got home, so, slightly more healthy than you. Great run by the way - 36k in that heat. Good stuff Clairie!
Awesome Clairie!
Unfortuately with the change to my holiday I won't be coming down to Canberra for the marathon weekend. However I will be thinking of you & sending you good thoughts from somewhere high in Nepal
And thanks to you for the run too :) I can't imagine any of us going that sort of distance without eachother.
I think the hundreds of meters you lost got flicked over to my Garmin. No kidding, in the blink of an eye mine seemed to jump over 500 meters. At the time it had me thinking I should sign up for the Olympics ;-)
Glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to you bossing us all around at BRRC tomorrow.
WOW Clairie, I have only run that far twice, so I find that you can do that in training to be quite amazing! Well done
Stu
You did great today Clairie. You never looked anything but very strong.
Nice run Clairie. And all your running buddies. I imagine it was hot and sweaty as well, so the feeling of being wasted at the end is not surprising. It's times like those that Coca Cola was made for.
So you 'only' felt nauseous at the Cafe. Guess Chundachick will have to keep looking for someone to take her nickname....
I admire you determination, your mental toughness is huge!
35.8 just doesn't cut girly.Push it longer next time. No slacking off just because you don't feel like.
Hope you recover OK - that is one nice long run Clairie - well done.
I feel sick just thinking about running that far :) Hope your recovery is swift!
Now see, if you were thinking like a triathlete, you would have done a few 100m in the pool and claimed that you did the whole 36km after all :)
Really great effort by the way mate.
Good on you Clairie. that was an excellent effort and a great mental boost no doubt. After my 34 k on the previous Sunday I felt good on the Monday but by Tuesday afternoon I was totally stuffed.
Sounds like a great run, and a well deserved breakfast. Looking forward to cheering you home in Canberra.
Post a Comment