Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday No Watch Run

Out there again at PCRG. Really makes my day worthwhile when I start it with a run with the group.

11.2km averaged 4:40min/km pace

Tess and I had a plan - to warm up, then run 4:40 pace, then ease off before doing a fast 1km no-watch-run.

It was not much fun out there this morning. I was trying to be focussed but was actually finding it a bit hard going. I ran slowish to warm up, ran several 4:36, 4:40, 4:41, 5:05 and a 3:56 to finish. All up the average was 4:40 but rest assured there were some slower k's in there somewhere!

Now - like CJ I am severely looking forward to tomorrows rest day before a big 36km run with Tesso & Mark on Saturday.

10 comments:

2P said...

Enjoy the rest tomorrow Clairie.

Tesso said...

C'mon Clairie, it was fun! I had a couple of comments from the faster guys about us being up near the front. Not to mention the odd "wow, you are up here?" look :-)

So, what's your idea of a rest day - 3k warmup on the treddy before killing yourself in a spinning class? Hope so. It might slow you down on Saturday.

Ewen said...

You'll have a good one Saturday Clairie. Why don't you throw in a few CJ-like 350 metre high hills for good measure :)

Shane said...

I think I will have another rest day tomorrow aswell in preparation for the post on Saturdays run. I think just reading about that one will puff me ;-)

See ya Sunday, and yes Cass and Sam will be there :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

Excellent run. The pace is a bit up and down, but the last 5k are all good quality. Recruiting a wide range of fibers. I like that 3:56!

Katie said...

You are running well!!! I am looking forward to watching you in Canberra this year :-)

Bernie G said...

Your smash Canberra. BTW your comments about Blue Dog and the 3.20 pace group were funny.

Anonymous said...

Go Clairie. 4.40 pace for me is a sprint. Love it!

Eagle said...

Good pace for running in a sauna !!! Take plenty of water on Sunday.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your rest day, Clairie & have a good 36km hit-out on Saturday.