Headed out to West End for this mornings speed session with Pat. Tess popped her head in, even though her program said only a 40min run (no speed) - can't keep her away!
After the warm up Pat gave special mention to Tess's performance and then we were off.
I started out with Eddie and Jonesy just infront. I moved along to the side of the road where I prefer running and after 200m realised I was still just behind them. So told myself, well why not. Just follow them all the way to the 1km without falling back and then just run as usual. However at the 1km turnaround (4min) I felt okay so told myself..'just follow that Eddie until the 2km stop'. Got there in 8:05. Did the 90sec rest before heading out for the next one in 4:02min. Rested again for 70sec then did the 500m in 1:50,rested for 60sec then another 500m. Was dead by this stage so didn't recall my split but I maintained pace reasonably well.
Tess was just running at a steady pace behind me but I started to notice she was catching up with little effort. I want those drugs Tess!!! She did mention later that she was not stopping of the rests after each interval...but still!
The last kilometer seemed a lot shorter and I finished off well in around 4min.
Was absolutely trashed but I felt strong and had done a good session. I put this down to actually eating something before my run (I usually don't) so had a bit of something in the tank. Will keep having something before I leave home for the speed sessions - good practice for racing as well.
Did the warm down with Eye Candy as Tess caught up with all the other runners. Mr. Eye Candy is doing the tri on the weekend so took it a bit easy today. Said he usually did a couple of hours on his bike before his speed session - OMG! - so he normally felt really exhausted at the end of his run. Maybe that's why I was able to keep up and talk!!
Off to fill in all the mountainous paperwork for the dietician to see how nutritious my diet is and what foods I need to eat more/less of to get better running energy and strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment