Meet up with Tess at 5.15am at the Regatta (so sad the sun is taking longer to come up already!)
Run up past St Lucia golf club (hills!!) then turned around a conveniently placed bus stop to head back to the Regatta.
We then met up with the 30 odd Regatta Runners for the 6am run and did another 7.9km with them. A bit slower than usual but still a good pace. Came home last km in 4.30 pace. So out the window flew the concept of today being a slow recovery jog. Did just under 15km all up.
When we run it sort of goes like this: Tess runs faster, so clairie gets faster, so Tess gets faster, so clairie gets faster..... until finally we both pull up with aching quads and calves. Yep sounds like a recovery run to me.
Gee I hope Pat doesnt know about blogs!
5 comments:
Well that explains everything. No wonder you are getting faster.
Recovery day is a slow day. Maybe make Tesso run with ankle weights to slow her down. And as Eddie said, that's how you keep getting faster.
Claire, just be careful that you don't overdo it and pick up an injury. Recovery days are meant to be that but I know the feeling that when you are feeling so great that you can't help but go faster than you should. Be careful, Pat has a habit of finding out when you aren't sticking to the program as he caught me out on one occasion. I don't know how he did it but he knew!
haha, I hope Pat does read blogs too, otherwise I'm in trouble!
Clairie, you are running so well! A trick I like to play when the warm-down is too fast is to drop behind by 10 metres but keep talking so the annoying fast runner has to slow down. ;)
That was an excellent 10 miler. Yes, long running is enjoyable - less frantic. A good 4x1k too - just run a fraction slower in the first one next time (3.55).
Re the F - nice! That means there are four of us such outlaws blogging (if you include LL). I went for the 14 because I'm lazy.
Post a Comment