Some new faces down at Pats this morning. Could not believe my last boss was there.
I woke up several times during the night last night - too much water! At 4am I felt wide awake and then it hit me - today was a Time Trial. I got all nervous and thought maybe if I went back to bed I could sleep through the alarm and not go...
Anyway rocked up and it was good to see the numbers. Great to see Tesso again but terrified to find out she has crossed the dark side... what did those Sydney roaches do to her? She rocked up in BLACK SOCKS!
Headed out for the normal warm up. Felt good but that might have just been the goss session with Tess :)
A few strides to get the blood flowing. Then Pat had his pep session - fires you right up sometimes he does.
I moved out and thought it felt a bit quick. Hard to tell as Tess was so exhausted from her training and said she was going to take it easy today so I couldn't see her for most of the first 600m. Then quick as a flash she flew past me mmmm tactics heh!
Got to the 1km mark in 4min. oooh too fast I thought. Did the next one in 4.25 oooh too slow. The final one in 4:12. What I had hoped for. It hurt but I got a 12:37PB. Fantastic - 41secs better than my previous one.
I actually think I should have not slowed in the second one so much. I thought I had gone out too hard and would fade real fast so made myself slow down. Next time might try to just run it without a watch and go by how I feel.
Super effort by Tess - sub 12. So she has to set a new goal of sub 11 for this year now.
Everyone - all the CRS at least, seemed to do a real good run this morning. Either a PB or very close. Great to see. Now looking forward to a glass of red to celebrate tonight :)
8 comments:
Congratulations Clairie, a fantastic effort ! Your hard work is really paying off. It's only early in the year and you are already closing in on your 2005 goal for 3km - time for a rethink perhaps ? Well done :-)
Congratulations on such a HUUUUUGE achievement Clairie. That's what I call absolutely smashing your PB. With better pacing, you will get down to the low 12s before too long. An idea might be just to tuck in behind Tesso and just follow her as she seems to have the pacing right. Comes from experience. Before you know it, you will be running sub 12. That 45 minute goal for 10km is starting to look a little soft. Keep the training going and you will reach targets you never thought were possible.
Well done Clairie. When you head out before me I notice you are getting that bit harder to catch. You are improving so much each week - keep it up.
Well done Clairie. Massive PB from that short distance.
Tesso can't be too far away in getting caught by you. And the 10k goal is getting a lot closer.
Congratulations on the PB and by a whopping 41 secs over 3ks - a massive 13 odd second improvement over each K. Another improvement like that and you will have a sub 12 - an achievable short term goal to aim for.
Cheers, Ray
Fantastic effort this morning Clairie. Now you really do have me worried!
But hey, go the black socks next time and see what you can do then!
Congratulations on that PB! Fantastic stuff :)
Congratulations on that PB! Fantastic stuff :)
Post a Comment