Thursday, February 17, 2005

5 x 1km Intervals with Pat

I like the official (non compulsory) uniform worn by Pat this morning. Will be putting in my order for a Pat Carroller Singlet very soon.

Did the warm up and felt like my legs had forgotten how to run. Got excited doing the strides when I went faster than Glenda (casper) but I was just being an idiot! Again!

Started out with high hopes to do the 1km reps in 4:00 each. My goal was to achieve consistency. However it backfired when I ran the first km in 3:48.
Was supposed to have 90sec rest but everyone else seemed to be doing 60-70sec so off I went too. Did the next lot in 4:07, 4:10, 4:09. The rest in between the last two was the full 90sec. By that stage I didn't care what anyone else was doing!

The faster runners did 5 x 1km, but a number of us only did the 4 x 1km in the alloted 25min time slot. I felt really good once I had finished but was very sad about not being able to be consistent. Have asked Pat for some advice and specific training to help me with this. don't think I can ask Tess to run EVERY race with me just to get me through :)

6 comments:

Tesso said...

Clairie, you mightn't have been consistent but gees I'd love to have the leg speed you had in that first km. You were flying!

And don't worry, my reps got progressively slower :-(

Horrie said...

Clairie, I wouldn't worry about consistency if I was you. Reps 2,3 and 4 were very consistent once you got that first one out of the way. Were you trying to keep up with Mr Eye Candy on that first one? On a more serious note, you just have to get used to the pace you are trying to run. If you are trying too hard on your first one, it probably means you are going too fast. If anything, you want that first one to feel a fraction easy. Hope that makes sense.

Rob said...

Clairie, it won't be long before all you reps are the same as the first one you did today. You are consistent. You are consistently getting better. Each time you get away before me at the start it's taking me longer to catch you.
I know Tesso said she was doing it tough today but my impression is that she is looking stronger. I think she going to do really well in Canberra. I know that is no great revelation but I think she is going to surprise herself.

Unknown said...

What else is there to say! What speed you have!...Chickybabe is real envious!

Hannah said...

1km in 3:48 - You Go, Girl! You're flying :)

Stu Mac said...

You just have to love doing reps with a group, you have to be aware of the faster ones, the ones at same pace but having shorter rests and so on. And of course what your session is suppose to be, well done Clairie, sounds like lots more great times are just around the corner!