Sunday, February 20, 2005

Saturday - 15km

Arrived in the carpark to the sound of screeching tyres - mine! Was running a bit late due to a GI-NORMOUS spiderweb near my front door that I ran though on the way out to the car. Hubby came out to investigate the screaming and to reassure the neighbours - who had turned their lights on to see who was being murdered.
Anyway so i got there and everyone was waiting for me.

Tess and Bernie had already been out for an hour and were all geared up for another 90mins.
We headed out towards Indooroopilly Golf Course and took in the scenery along the way. Being so out of sorts I kept pressing stop on my watch and then not pressing start again when we had drink breaks. So I have no idea how long I actually ran for.
Tess had her laptop on the arm thing (Garmin 201) so she was accurately telling us what we had done but after 7.2km we turned around. She then left us so she could do MORE running before returning to the carpark.

So the rest of us normal runners headed back to the carpark and finished up just over 100mins later.

Tess arrived back sometime after 8am. We were well and truly into breakfast by then so it sort of hurt to see her all hot and exhausted whilst we sipped our lattes.

I also have it on good authority (from the lady herself) that she followed it up with a decent run around Mt Cootha on Sunday - whilst I was lazing about on a rest day.
So now we all know why Tess is going to blitz that Marathon and I am going to somehow manage to finish my 10km within the hour!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems you have a combination of good running & social breakfasts, Clairie, up there in Brissie! A nice way to finish up the session!

LL Chickybabe is on the mend...barely!

Unknown said...

Clairie, I've just read on Eddie's blog that you twisted your ankle! Damn! Are you OK? Let me know if all is well & you haven't a terrible injury. LL

Horrie said...

Hope the ankle is ok Clairie. All you can do is use the RICE method and hope it comes good. Good luck with the recovery as we want you back in action sooner rather than later.