Friday, February 11, 2005

Regatta Runners - 8Km

The Amazing Don Wallace was missing today. Damn, took my camera in case I got an opportunity.

Went out at a steady pace and planned to continue and take it easy on the way home but Erica came up alongside and I automatically picked up the pace to run with her.

About 1km to go I told her to keep going and forget me - we were doing 4:40 pace and I had to drop back to 5:00 pace - my legs were burning from yesterdays effort still I think. Plus I had my Sunday run to think about.

She went ahead but then I felt crap for not keeping up so I picked up the pace again and crossed the finish 2 metres behind her. Have no idea what time we did as I walked to the alcove and stretched for a while to ease the legs.

Geoff was going great guns - went out steady and came home fast. Did the 7.9km route in 34:30. He is improving dramatically lately.

Off for busy day in the office today then heading down the Gold Coast for the night. Will come back up Sat night so I can go to the Brisbane Road Runners 10Mile Championship on Sunday. Only going to do it for a jog though. My legs would not forgive me next week if I went hard.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Good on you Clairie. You are going great guns. You deserve to be doing as well as you are because of all the hard work you are putting in.

Horrie said...

You were wise in trying to hold back after speedwork yesterday. We may need to keep you on the leash on easy days. Sounds as if you are jumping out of your skin. Just need to temper it a bit. Good luck in your 10 miler on Sunday.

Hannah said...

You're such an inspiration to me, you know! I love reading your blog :)

In answer to your question, I'm currently running with the group out at Enoggera, the Run Inn Runners... I have to admit, I did email Pat Carroll about his running group... slowly working up the courage to try it (seems a bit daunting at present with you lot who are all so fast and fit!)

I would like to make a commitment to regular morning runs though - I don't push myself enough when I train alone) so you never know, one of these mornings we might just bump into each other!