Walked along the pathway to get to the Ship Inn - where we meet up with the Pat Carollers. Saw Tim from the Running Buddies and told him to come along, he passed on the idea but I could tell he was tempted.
I was in the process of telling Tess and then Tim walked past - so she grabbed him and introduced him to Pat. That's all settled then. He's running with us. Poor guy. He worked so hard today too!
We did a warm up out to New Farm, then did 3 x 4min efforts with 40-50sec rest, followed by a 2min effort and then the cool down.
Tess was out of the gate and I was out chasing her. It was actually fun! Then when I was exhausted I looked at my watch...20sec down...3:40 to go. ha ha
Tess and I pushed each other to get home and it was great to be doing the effort and having fun at the same time. With so many newbies at the group it was good to be the B team - no longer the C team so we had lots of people to catch and pass.
Tess raced off into work after the 2nd effort and I felt like I had slowed down but everyone around me seemed to stay in the same 'positions' so I think we were all just tired.
Then Pat told us all to work hardest on this last one - said it was the difference between a few sec/minutes off your PB. He also said his magic words "Pain is Temporary, Glory is forever". Funnily enough on that last effort I ran with Tim and he was saying "yeah but pain is now, glory is forever away" I laughed, so obviously we weren't running our fastest for that one.
Did the warm down on my own. Stopped to fill the water bottle again but got a stitch - trying to emulate drinking on the run as per the 10km race this weekend. Damn. I never get a stitch from drinkin alcohol. Maybe I'll fill my own bottles before the run :)
1 comment:
Top session this morn for sure Clairie, those 4 minutes go forever! Sure makes a difference when you have someone to chase or run away from.
Love the way we roped Tim in - let it serve as a warning to anyone passing by.
You'll be happy to know I did do my third effort on my way to work .... though had a little 30 second break after 3 mins to wish happy birthday to a friend passing by. But then I went flat out for another minute.
That took me within 500m of work so just used that as a fastish cooldown and got to the desk sweating like a pig right on the dot of 7am . Whew!
Oh no, now I sound like a blogger :-(
Post a Comment