Went down to BRRC to do the 10km today. Felt good. Not the slighest bit nervous. It turned out to be a handicap run so I had an extra 28 minutes before I started.
Went out and yelled out to Tess for her to try and catch me - I was going to be going slowish. However I got to 1km and felt my knee/leg really bad. It was hurting on the outside from my knee right up into my butt....
I kept going trying to work the strain out but it got worse. Just at the 2km mark I stopped and the pain shot right through me. I sat down and almost cried. I couldn't feel anything - did I imagine it? Should I start going again?
As soon as I got up and walked it came back. I got my stuff and drove off in disgust at myself.
Am booked in now to see the sports doctors at Woollongabba that Pat recommends. I am thinking it will be an ITB diagnosis after reading about it last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment