The nerves have started. Even with a few wines last night I did not manage to go to sleep very well.
I read the Race Program before I went to bed which said the 10km was not a fast course and looking at the winning times for the past 18 years I have to agree.
What a lot of fuss over a 10km run.
F - Frazzled
U - Undertrained
N - Nerve racking
R - Race
U - unprepared
N - Never again....
About to drive down to the marathon course and have a little walk. I wish Sunday could come without there being a Saturday.. :)
5 comments:
Well I can't really tell from up here if you are frazzled or nervous but I know for sure you are not undertrained or unprepared!
You've had the perfect build up for this - remember that massive 3k PB just a few days ago. Hmmm, what time was it again ;-)
The way you bolt when you sniff of the finish line I'll bet that your last 1k is your fastest 1k!
Unprepared! Bullsomething! You're in great form Clairie with that 11-and-a-bit 3km behind you.
Yes tesso, it was an 11 something 3km!
I am frazzled because you and tesso brought that beautiful/ perfect Qld weather down with you. Could have left your parkas at home!
See you both Saturday and Sunday. :)
P.S. tesso, you're also in awesome form! PB form! Of course it will feel cool for you on Sunday. Not me though - I'll be thinking about adding a Burley Griffin swim leg between the marathon and the 50k!
You will run well Clairie have no fear. And the yelling of 1000 cool runners will push you to a PB!
I'll be thinking of you on sunday! You're going to do really well and I can't wait to hear/read all about it!
Post a Comment