Thursday, April 28, 2005

RUN AT LAST

Met up with Tesso at Pats group this morning. Damn it felt so good to be surrounded by runners at last. Pity I was in pain and not really enjoying it.

Did a 3km warm up then stretched and watched everyone else do 5 x 1km reps (except for my buddy Tesso who did 2x1km reps then hotfooted it off to work).
Then ran back to the Ship Inn. Walked the Goodwill Bridge in an attempt to lessen the damage I was doing to my leg by running.

I can honestly say that as of this afternoon I have seen the following specialists in the past fortnight

2 x Physiotherapists (total 5 visits)
1 x Sports Doctor
1 x Podiatrist
1 x Sports Massage

and it is driving me insane. I have spent nearly $1000 in bills and in buying new shoes (2 new pairs) and equipment to assist with the ITB and stretches.
Visa officially rang to ask if I would like to take shares in the company I was improving their business so much!

....but do you think it has helped?

I am now taking out the orthotics. I have a meeting with the Head of Physiotherapy at UQ next week. He is assessing if my orthotics were correct in their initial fitting after I advised them of my new injury. Hopefully if the orthotics is the cause and this is now eliminated I will be soon on the road to recovery.

Fingers crossed. xx

2 comments:

Rob said...

Clairie I can truly empathise. It can be so frustrating. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hope this all gets worked out soon. You are part of my inspriation - i need to read about another inspiring PB...!!