Sick of the word ITB.
Ready to chop off leg.
Did laps in the pool last night. Had a hot bath run and went from bath to pool to bath to pool. The temp of the pool was 20oC which doesn't sound very cold but it was bloody freezing trust me. Cold enough to turn a bloke into a woman!
Got up this morning and did another 30mins in the pool before heading out to Regatta to meet up with Tesso. Damn she decided to not run and skip breaky in order to get to work on time.
Had breaky with the other runners and headed off to work. Robson from Intraining is off to Tuscany for 4 weeks but when he returns he has promised to do some PT with me to get a proper schedule for some strength training in my legs.
I used to be a gym junkie (anyone that knows me will not believe that but trust me it is true!! I was one of the muscley chicks!!. So am not too keen to start doing it again - I find it very addictive.
After Breaky and talking to Robson I got up the courage to call Bruno. Got him booked for massage. He was brillant already and that was just his phone manner. Insisted on hearing my running history, what shoes I have, weekly mileage, pbs, colour of my eyes (nah just kidding on that one!) etc. He did scare me a bit when he said to go to his neighbours house and walk through to his house as his front is being renovated....must be very friendly with the neighbours indeed!
4 comments:
Hang in there - hope it gets better soon....maybe you should come to Canberra for some skiing - I am sure that would fix things up :-)
Clairie,
I've just been catching up on your blog, and I'm bummed to read another blogger going through this rotten, stinking injury.
I've been battling with my ITB since September. Using Voltaren gel and ice has helped me, but we're all different.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T RUSH IT!!!
Cheers,
Ben
Don't worry Clairie, you will come good. It's only when you get old and decrepit like me that you need to worry.
I'm thinking of getting my front renovated too!!
Post a Comment