Well, talk about baaaaaad timing for poor Tess. She wandered in to Intraining store to buy some Bodyglide and sign up for x-country (=running tart!!).
Chris from Regatta Runners works there and when he saw her asked if she was working tonight and/or doing anything. Thinking maybe drinkies were on the cards she replied "nothing". Stupid think to say Tess!
Now she is taking the Intraining Beginner's Group tonight, their regular person isn't showing up on a regular enough basis. Eeeek!
Chris has given her the full instructions on what I have to do. But word from the gal herself is that she has added "pray for torential rain so that nobody turns up" to the top of the list.
I laughed too soon and then was advised she had put my name forward to help her out...think I was getting too fond of this inactivity with my injury :)
3 comments:
"Eeeek" alright. Never really done this before so was just a bit worried about it all.
Lucky the wet weather kept maybe half the regulars away and I only had five runners to look after. A couple of the ladies had done the 8k Lest We Forget so it was good to hear their feedback on their first race.
We wandered down to the bikway, did a warm-up, followed by some fartlek, then a warm-down. Wouldn't quite call them beginners though, I certainly got a reasonable workout running with them!
Could become a semi-regular gig, not sure, but enjoyed it so much I'm sorta hoping it does, especially if my trusy side-kick Clairie shares in the fun :-)
LOL - now I see what you were saying Tess. Well done though, that'll be another cap you can wear!
See you Saturday (though not for the Mt Cootha run, I'll be sticking with the flat this week I think!) :)
*evil laughs and grins* seriously though, I think you'd both be bloody fantastic as coaches!
Hope your ITB improves soon Clairie - I'm amazed at how many people wear Orthotics - I never realised it was so common!
Looking forward to drinks - might see you at the West End on Sunday but I'll have to see how I go.. going up the coast to see friends on saturday, so might be a bit late (er, hungover) to make it on the sunday morning... we shall see!
H xxx
Post a Comment