Okay so I am fully recovered from the weekend - now I just need to recover from this mornings speed session with Pat. Man I forgot the pain and the hurt! I thought I had just been missing out on fun and catching up with friends twice a weeek!!!
This morning we headed out towards New Farm, took a detour and did a hill rep with Tesso (well actually I needed to go to the toilet and it was at the top of a hill in the gardens and Tess was my bodyguard....) then we had to up the pace somewhat to catch up to the rest of the group. Talk about a warm up!
Pat said a few words about Saturday night - the big formal dinner. It was loads of fun and can't wait till we do it again. Anyhow then it was straight into it.
I found the strides quite hard to do as there was so many runners and I got stuck at the back. So on the second one I bolted to the front just so i could get out of the crowd. I went hard on the strides - I wanted to make sure my legs were prepared for the speedwork.
Before long it was on - 30sec fast, 30sec slow - though Pat said to not go too slow, make sure the heart rate was kept up and it would end up being a solid 20min session but not be as taxing on the body as a 20min steady session. It was a great morning but I just had to go slow on the slower ones. I needed to get my breath back.
Pat threw in a few 1mins which really sorted the wheat from the chaff and yes....I was the chaff. Not to worry at least I realised I had not lost as MUCH fitness as I thought. A few weeks and I should be back to square one and up there trying to chase Tesso again.
My goal for the year is renewed. Tesso I am out to get you. *biggrin*
Seriously though, Tess is the official 1:50 pacer for the Noosa Half. So I would like to think that I will have some speed back to be able to finish in front of her. Might even run with her and then just take off in the last kilometre. Guess I had better get a few solid weeks of training in before I make too many rash gestures of competition :)
3 comments:
Clairie, Clairie, Clairie, if you were struggling at all this morning it didnt show... all that I saw (while following you) was someone putting in 110% to the session.. Didn't look like you'd been away at all!!
I agree with Chelle. I could be wrong but to me it looks like you have more speed than before the injury. You almost frightened the pink sundress off Puntermatt as you flew past him in the strides!
Won't be long at all and you can change the blog title to "Claire the Hare and TorTess in Bris Vegas .... " :-)
You didn't wasted time having a go at me, eh, Tess???
Seriously Clairie, you did fly by me in that particular run through and you don't look to have lost too much speed at all. Its just a matter of getting your endurance base back!!
PM
Post a Comment