Jumped out of bed today with joy in my heart. The day got crappy from there....
Decided to make my husbands lunch at the last minute so i was late leaving home, got to the gym and lost my carpark - so went to nearby parking. My coins didn't work so I had to reverse out (oh the shame) and wait for the attendant (who was late) to arrive.
He got in and then let me in - my coins were still showing so he let it slide.
Raced over to the gym and decided to just do a walk to warm up as I have a speed session tonight with Intraining. Everyone around me was running - and hard. So I was surrounded by runners (this is unusual in my gym) and feeling sad about it. As I was walking I wanted to scream out "I can run too". I turned off and left the treadmill and went into the weights.
The muscliest woman in the gym came up to me and starting to chat 'you've been coming here a while now, hows it all going'. As I was trying to grunt through some chest presses. Did she really expect me to talk back. So i stopped and chatted and lost more time.
Went to do my steches and realised my shorts were not designed for gym work - the ones with teh slits down the side. By then I didn't give a shit so the whole world got to see my lovely undies and I persistenly and stubbornly stretched and stretched.
Headed up to the showers where they were all taken - this has NEVER happened before. Waited and ironed my top - burnt it aaaarrrggh. Got into the shower and heard someone drop their stuff. Got out of the shower and stepped on a piece of glass.
Getting my car out of the carpark was a nightmare - the attendant had been changed and he wouldn't believe I had paid already. I drove off and am waiting for the police to arrive any minute *biggrin*
But you know what - I am sitting at my desk with my cup of coffee (the tea just wasn't going to cut it today) and feeling bloody fantastic. I ache from my efforts but it is a good ache. I feel strong and nothing can dampen my mood. I am really looking forward to running tonight followed by a long hot shower at home!
7 comments:
Don't you just hate days like that? I had one on monday!
Glad you feel good though! Have fun tonight in school of pain!
I know it wasnt funny, but the way you wrote it made it sound that way :)
See you Saturday, will make sure nothing gets in the way of you getting to the bar!
What a horrible day!
I love your attitude though. Keep smiling!
Where would we be without pain of some sort? Know how you felt...thanks for comments on my blog....helps heaps!
Gee - and I thought I had a bad start to the day yesterday!
Good to see you've come around with your choice of background colour ;)
Clairie - that would have to be your funniest post yet - I laughed hilariously the whole way through!! :)
I can't believe you stepped on a piece of glass though! Last night, on the same day, I managed to put my foot through a schooner glass whilst watching a DVD and gave myself a nice deep cut!! And no, i wasn't drinking. I don't drink on Mon and Wed prior to speedwork sessions!!
PM
Sounds like my Thursday! And I agree, on days like that tea is definitely not going to cut it - I'm a coffee addict at the best of times.
Post a Comment