Felt great yesterday. Got up went to Pat's session. It was supposed to be just an easy run - after the Gold Coast marathon. Though I forgot it was only an easy run for those who are used to doing 60mins of speed work on a Tuesday morning.
Started out with a steady paced warm up with Langy. Was good to run and talk to someone (whenever I try to talk to the person on the tready next to me at the gym I get THE LOOK) with a love of running and an understanding of why we were all willing to give up our warm beds.
At the turn around those who hadn't done any races on the weekend (excuses everyone now please...) did 8 x 1min and the rest of us just kept on running at a steady pace. At just after 4km we turned around and headed home.
Pat joined up with me with 2km to go. He started chatting and before I knew it he was increasing the pace and I was struggling to keep up with him. But I did.
Got to the top of the bridge and he sprinted off....dammit how does he do that? I was left to finish the run puffing and panting like I had just run a 10km race. So sad.
Today I took it easy and ran for 20mins with an incline of 2 on the tready - nothing serious but I felt a bit of niggle.
Then tonight at the physio I was told I had lost 20% of movement capacity in my left leg. When I did the two stretches on video and he played it back I could see how I could not get anywhere near the stretch I could do in my right leg. Also the left leg (one with ITB for those who live on another planet) could not bend when I layed on my stomach on the bed very well. So strange. So back to more stretches and strategic exercises. Good thing is I can keep on with ramping up my running. I guess I just need to be more aware of my body without becoming a hypochondriac!!
2 comments:
Good luck with it Clairie! I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
I'll be sending positive thoughts too Clairie........from the poolside in Fiji.
Post a Comment