Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday Morning

Big day at work today and tomorrow.

Not helped by nightmares after watching Constantine last night..

I woke up this morning and Allan asked what I had on today. I said I was late I had to go do my 3k TT. He then reminded me that it was Monday and the TT was tomorrow. Obviously it is weighing on my mind a fair bit.

So headed to the gym and did a very quick warm up on the eliptical machine. Then worked my arms, back and core mostly and spent a good 25mins stretching before hitting the showers. Great way to start the day when you need a break from running.

Tomorrows TT is not going to be a PB for me, but I do hope to be able to master the art of pacing myself.
My second km is ALWAYS SLOWER so tomorrow I am going to hold back on the first km, then do the second one at the same pace, then come home.
looking to do 2:05 500m splits to finish in 12mins 30sec. I need to look at my 500m splits (which I never do) to ensure I keep to pace. My B goal is to keep Tesso within 500m of me. I think I can do that as she should be around the 12:00 mark.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Good thinking for the TT Clairie! Now is the perfect time to practice pacing.

I hope to be close to 12mins but will be happy to go under 12:10.
But like you my big goal tomorrow is to not lose time on that second km as well. Or at least not as much as usual.

Hannah said...

Good luck at the TT! You never know, I might show up at the next TT ;) would be fascinated to know if I'm any faster than I was!

I'm sure you'll be fabulous!