What a laugh at the gym this morning!
Thought I would avoid the treadmill - so I dont end up doing too much running this week. Got onto one of the arm and leg thingys (what ARE they called?) but the music wouldn't work so I moved. Then moved then moved again. Finally a gal was nice enough to tell me the music won't turn on until you start it up ha ha ha. What a goose.
Anyhow I wish she had hung around to tell me HOW to start it up. I ended up having to put in my weight, DOB, eye colour etc just to get the damn thing moving! Crazy....
So after 10mins of that I was bored shitless and jumped off (yep you guessed it - didn't know how to stop stupid machine!).
Then the very greatest thing in the world happened to me. I did my chest press's, calves, hammy's and quads and headed over to the free weights to do my arms.
A big heavy guy with muscles was lifting two 10kg doing some tricep movements and then he was finished and went to put them down. He was breathing hard (keep reading this is not pornographic...) when I walked up and just as he put the weights down I picked them up. Okay so it was just a dumb thing to do but he just stared at me as I did 30x reps before walking away (grinning) to work my abductors.
When he left the gym I raced back over there and picked them up again to make sure it really happened and did 2x10 reps with them. Ha! I am getting stronger.
I am certainly getting more muscle somewhere - the scales have jumped up more than 2kg and I don't think I am getting fatter but geez I wish the damn flab would hurry up and disappear!!!
5 comments:
Go Clairie!! Show those boys a thing or two. I have to say; I hate that about weight training. My scales are slowly creeping up and I'm certain I'm not getting fatter.... J
Yep I too hate those cardio machines that need to know my life story before it will start....why can't I just jump on and get going???
:-)
arm and leg thingy=eliptical cross trainer ;)
Go you - show those boys how it's done!
Hey Wonderwoman! You scare me.
Like Eddie said : you scare me too! Whatever the 'thingys' are, I can't imagine what you have at your gym, Clairie..other than 'boys' showing off their muscles!
Are you thinking of entering some body-building competition!!??
Post a Comment