Monday, September 11, 2006

DAY ONE

This is the first day of the rest of my life......

Well not really but I did start a Healthy life plan today.

It covers my running - I now have all my training till the end of October planned out. Including some double up days..yah!
It also includes weekly pilates and gym sessions *groan* and the worst thing....a weekly weigh in.

My meals - whilst not planned - are outlined with guidelines. So no alcohol or coffee, no bread, 5 fruits a day, 3 x fish meals a week etc etc.

I am looking forward to the 9 week challenge. Will keep you posted if it has any positive benefit on my training. I will log major things here so I can review it down the track but mostly it is boring stuff. I think my biggest challenge is to ensure my evening meal is before 7:30pm each night....have no idea how to cope with that one!!

Oh BTW I got Byron Bay bananas for $3 a kilo - lady finger ones. yummo! Got a whole box so will likely be eating just Bananas all week now...

8 comments:

2P said...

Sounds like a pretty good plan Clairie - good to see your affair with the camelbak blossoming ;-)

miners said...

always good to have a plan - even if they have to adapted for bananas

Tesso said...

Good on ya Clairie, I have every confidence you'll stick to your plan.

And I might go out in sympathy. Not with the no alcohol or bread thing though! But with the Pilates and even maybe the double up days.

Rob said...

Those bananas sound very appealing Clairie.
Nine weeks without a glass of red! I admire your committment Clairie and knowing your determination I have no doubt that you will do it. I am just worried about the new super runner that is going to be the result.

Shane said...

Sounds like a very strict regime, good luck with it all. Im sure you will be rewarded for your effort.

If I can give you one piece of advice - Start cooking at 6.45pm ;)

Jen said...

As much as I love a glass of wine, I *really* admire you giving up bread for 9 weeks!

I'm sure it will pay off. So what's the next goal race ?

Ewen said...

$3 a kilo! Almost worth flying to Coolangatta.

CJ said...

Very interested in reading and following your healthy plan. I'm in the process of tweaking my plan.