THURSDAY - Did Mount Cootha this morning. It was brilliant. I felt so strong. Did it three times with the elite runners (Jen Epps and John etc) and I was not too far behind them. They rested at the top for 10secs for me to get there and then I turned around and went straight down.
We did it three times. I walked the steep section on the last one - my legs were burning and my lungs were choking. But I started running again and finished the summit in good time. I was very very happy with this session. Stayed in my skins all day but didn't rest up too much - had a to play 18 holes of Golf. It's a hard life.
FRIDAY - Shane was at the regatta this morning so he, the Bee and I ran off in one little group whilst the others went at their pace. We did the first 4km in 5min/km pace and then sped up a bit. Shane went wild on the return journey and within seconds we couldn't see him anymore - he's fast! The Bee and I ran together going from 4:45 to 4:35 to 4:30 and then 4:20. I finished off strongly - thanks to Shane who came back out and ran in the last bit with me to make sure I didn't slack off. It was a good session and I was glad I got out of bed again. As usual we stayed and had breakfast - which was super as Cass and baby Sam stayed too and we all had a good ole chat and I drooled over their pancakes and icecream.
Saturday - Mostly due to my husbands illness I stayed in bed this morning. Coach Chris had said to anyhow but I was intending on still running 15km or so. However I got no sleep last night and at 3am finally got to sleep. I didn't wake up until 7am and realised the reason I had finally got to sleep was that Allan had moved to the couch to let me get some sleep. Fingers crossed his cough is not so bad tonight.
The last 10km race for the year is on this Sunday. Coach says I can run 42:30 but I will be happy to run strong and get a PB that I can work on in early 2007.
Wish me luck!!
Go Tesso - have fun in your half run on Sunday morning.
*********BRONCOS RULE*******************
3 comments:
Firstly Damn the Broncos!
Gee, I hope Allan gets better soon, it must be horrible for everyone. Let his tyres down on Monday so he cant go to work :) and make him rest up.
That's good that you didn't run today, I would have dobbed on you if you did. You will be better tomorrow for having the rest. Im sure you will get close to 42.30 and smash your PB.
C ya 2morrow
Good luck. Not that you'll need it cause you'll SMASH your PB :-)
Good luck with the 10K ..... be the Broncos in the second half or last 5K.
Post a Comment