Monday, September 11, 2006

Sunday plod

After a night out with my Husband (in a posh hotel on the Gold Coast) including a seafood buffet and bottle(s) of wine I decided to sleep in on Saturday. We voted and I then drove down to Ballina with my mum.

We had a lovely time and on Sunday morning I managed to get out early for a 15km run. The whole time I was thinking of Tess and Eddie running in the 25Km Championship at BRRC. I really wanted to be there but was glad I wasn't...does that make sense. I enjoyed my run but had no time restrictions and stopped for plenty of breaks along the way to enjoy the breaking ocean views - Ballina is beautiful.

Covered the 15km in 1:16 but as I said - had plenty of walking breaks and stretches to ensure the whole run was very leisurely. Camelbak worked very well again and I am in love with it and can't wait for the summer months to get some real good use out of it.

3 comments:

miners said...

what's the meaning of this line "we voted" just after you described having a romantic night with hubby and sleeping in? Does voting mean something other than its regular meaning north of the border? ;)

Tesso said...

When I read the vote comment I thought you meant you voted on who was going to drive to Ballina :-)

Sounds like I'm gonna have to dust off my Camelbak and have a similar affair.

Ewen said...

Yes, having a weekend away and not racing is good every now and then.