Feels great to be a runner doesn't it!
Friday:
Went to Gym and did bike work and weights. Nothing overly exciting.
Saturday
Was all geared up to run the Riverloop today but circumstances had us running out to New Farm park. Given the drizzly rain and overcast day it was probably just as well.
We ran 10.5km and I stopped to have a Gu - just as I was washing it down Tesso said we were going to turn around and run back! Noooo I felt terrible as I would not have had the gu to run just 20km but thought we were going further today. To compensate I decided to run harder on the way home and increased the pace.
Tess,Owen and Charlotte were all up for it and kept with me - pushing me even to go harder, which was great. In the last 2km Tess jumped in front and just as we hit the 1km mark (to home) I yelled out for us to all finish this off. Tess ran hard and we were all just chasing her. Owen flew past as if he had just been doing a walk and got to the finish first. Tess was running very strong and it was good to see the increased distance has only been positive for her. I came in last but very happy with a 4:20min/km last km. 1:43 for 21km - once upon a time I would have been happy with that for my half marathon time!!! Very strange thinking of it like that.
After the run Tess and I went to the gym for 90mins and did a good overall workout and stretch session - followed up by a sumptious lunch in the city with (Tess) Lulu, Vegie and Cirque. We had a ball and it was great to catch up over a relaxed lunch when you have worked so hard beforehand - it somehow feels more deserving by then!
5 comments:
I agree lunch would have been very well deserved after yesterday, that is one hell of a day there Clairie. It is also good to read that you are enjoying the training.
I have given Cass a hug for you too. I want to come to Pats on Tuesday so I will see you then if you are going, do you know what the session is?? And I will be at West end aswell this Sunday, hopefully Cass is feeling well enough to come and cheer us all to well earned PB's :)
Nice work Clairie and great last k - I'd be happy with it as my 1/2 time ;-)
Thanks for your recent comment on my blog - much appreciated.
There is nothing better than a great run followed by a great lunch in great company! That' about when life is at its best I reckon.
Saturday, what a great run! I thought the decision to head back from NF Park was a group one, I just went along with the flow. Lucky you made us do that fast bit at the end and the extra 3k on the tready to make up for it. Not to mention the weights etc. In hindsight I should've kept running ;-)
Thanks for the PT session at the gym. I went back this morn and did it all again but totally forgot about those horrible squats, luv the selective memory.
Oooh I would like that as m half time :-)
Thanks for the comments!! It was tougher the second time, but well worth it! Even if the time was not what I wanted the challenge in itself was rewarding!
Post a Comment