Friday, September 08, 2006

Struggle some..then struggle some more

I am fully motivated but the body hasn't seem to caught up yet. I was itching last night to go for a run but as soon as I started this morning I knew it was going to be a slow and painful jaunt.

Managed to do 8km in spot on 40mins but the final km was 5:30min/km pace - I was really hurting.

Still - I'll be back out there tomorrow and then rest up for a couple of days.

I'm reading books every night and planning my running for the next few months - not to mention talking to lots of running buddies about there running. It is all helping me work out what I want to do and what sort of training I need to get there.

Comrades.....interesting.....

7 comments:

miners said...

Comrades!?!?! NOW we're talking big stuff - although I suppose it's only a quick swim from Perth isn't it?

Tesso said...

OMG Comrades!!! Better stay away from those books and websites about the 243km Spartathon :-)

I think I might have mentioned I found the 30k at GH as difficult to recover from as a marathon. Keep that in mind. I reckon you are doing well running 8k in 40 minutes today.

See ya in the morn ... I think I'll just be doing the coffee option of the run.


PS Kuuurrrraawwwwaaa.

Ewen said...

Comrades!! Bloody Hell!

Is there a Kurrawa 5k Clairie?

Jen said...

OMG. You go girl !!!!!

Toasty said...

You can do it ..... or as Pat says .... YOU can do it

2P said...

Hehe howdy neighbour welcome to my world - my new address is on Struggle Street!

Did I read Comrades??? Now ya talkin ;-)

Bernie G said...

Nothing like setting little goals along the way, but Comrades. You really need to find new friends, your weekend at GH has sent you crazy.