Worked hard this morning! Feel alive and hot to trot. If anyone out there is eating dinner late please please please you owe it to yourself to eat healthy and eat early. If you train in the morning your body will thank you for it.
Was good to turn up at Pats and see some old faces as well as our good buddy Shane. A real catch up session. Anyone know where MJ is?? Is she okay??
Pat had us running out to the Floating Bridge near New Farm for our warm up and then a few strides before doing 8 x 1min efforts with 30sec standing recovery.
As we all know Pat's 30 seconds is just a standard 10sec. I tried complaining but he just told me to dig deep and well basically...shut up. Only he can get away with that.
I got to a certain place on the first effort and told Tess that was where we had to get to each time. We almost made it, with the exception of the last two where I was about 5m from the place I had mentally marked. I was happy with that as the recoveries were getting less as we progressed.
On the 6th effort I was really feeling it in my legs and struggling to run with form. I told Tesso this was were I needed her and she told me to keep running in front of her because I stunk of Garlic (it was a joke) and it actually made me laugh and run harder. Yah I made it!
After the session Pat had us do a 500m effort followed by the HILL CLIMB from Hell. I went up strongly but was struggling at the top and felt faint. My blood must have all been in my legs..I normally go back down and do it twice but not today.
We ran a good steady pace back to the Ship Inn and then had some psycho yelling at me to run up the hill at Ship Inn to finish off the session. *groan* When I blinked through the sweat I realised the Psycho was actually Tesso so I turned around and followed her up there. Were were the only two crazy enough to do it.
Pat had a competition that I entered - NOOSA TRIATHLON ENTRY. It's worth $145 I boasted to everyone that I would do it if my name came out and lo and behold....he calls out my name. *shame*
When everyone left I felt really bad and went up to him and discussed it. I felt like a fraud because a lot of the people in our group train really hard for this race and were hoping to win (the comp not the race). I was just going to do it for fun and a bit of a lark (on my mountain bike and with floaties..). Pat said it was my prize and I could give it to anyone I wanted. Jan and Tori had already entered so I gave it to Liz who really wanted it and was very very happy. I felt like Father Christmas!
6 comments:
as far as I'm concerned, anyone who isn't already a triathlete, "wants to be" a triathlete ;)
nice gesture clairie - still, I would have loved to have seen your name on the results sheet though!
Thank god you gave away the Tri spot. It is all about me that weekend and you are the support crew. Can't not have you yelling on the side....(even if I pretend not to know who you are).
So I guess I am still the skinnest sister. XXOO
Another great session in the bank Clairie. Gotta love that hill after killing the legs in the one minute efforts. You always seem to find something extra to power up there.
Thanks for accompanying me up the other hill. I told myself I'd throw that one at the end of each Pat session but sometimes don't want to look like a goose doing it on my own. Now I know I will have company on Tuesdays. We can both look like geese :-)
Good decision Clairie - I know what fish do in water - best to stay out of it ;-)
Hope the toe is going ok - my weight went up when I started training again I think it is just the body in self preservation mode but once it settles down the k's start to come off. Stick with it mate.
That was extremely generous and also, I'm sure, the right decision for you. When you want to do triathlons it should be totally internally driven. I like the idea of triathlons but feel like I'd have to retire to have enough time to train for all three disciplines. I mean, they don't cut back their running time do they?
Re. your plea to people who eat late and train early, um, were you specifically addressing me? The way I squirmed in my seat here, it sure felt like it.
Great session today Clairie. That hill is a tough one and I dont blame you for not doing it twice.
That was a nice gesture for you to give away the entry. That would have made liz's day.
Off the subject I sent you an email using the address on your blog profile about Tomorrow's run. I have alreday been in contact with Tesso about now but I will be coming to the regatta tommorrow, if you dont mind I would like to join you and Mark?? at 5.30 for your extended session. I cant let you get any extra training in before Sunday :)
Post a Comment