Tuesday, September 26, 2006

LITTLE SISTER



My little sister is a triathlete and is coming to Brisbane to do Noosa in 30 more sleeps. Look how fit she is.....I am so excited!
I will be cheering her on and then celebrating with the Moet in the spa afterwards (stuff the diet when she's here - I need her to get fat!!)

Go Rosie Go!

3 more weeks of tough training, 1 week of taper and YAHHOOOOO.

4 comments:

Shane said...

You little sister looks very fit, look forward to hearing about how she goes.

With respect to your last post, you may even know this but there are two types of iron contained in food. haem iron and non haem iron. Basically the first is easily absorbed into your body and is contained in red meats such as lamb kidneys (very high qty) to a small amount in seafood such as fish/mussels. The non haem iron is found in breads, vegetables, beans, eggs etc which the body finds hard to absorb.

There are a few ways to help with absorbtion; eat non haem iron with haem iron food this will increase absorption by up to 4x and ensure you are getting enough vitamin C. Eating Vit C rich foods/drinks with every meal will also help with absorbtion.

One fact is that spinach contains the non haem iron, you will need alot of it in conjunction with red meat etc for it to be of any benefit in regards to iron increases.

Sorry if I bored you, or if I'm making you suck eggs, hopefully it helps a bit :)

Ewen said...

Yes, she's looking good Clairie.

With the iron, it's not often runners are high on iron, so it's worth checking out. It's a simple test - one very small needle ;)

Anonymous said...

Little Sister here - Clairie you did not get permission to put that photo up - now to my archives to find one of you.....

Have hit a bit of a downer in the preparation for Noosa - been having a purple patch and now seem to be having to work much harder for same results, I hope the form returns in time for Noosa.

miners said...

and the similiarity is pretty extraordinary from that distance - particularly the looking fit bit!