How exciting - this morning I was asked to be a Running Buddy. That means buddying up with a newbie to the group and taking them through the ropes. It was lots of fun and I think it will certainly help me learn everyones names - I am hopeless at names!
Daughter was her name this morning. I don't think I will ever forget that one! Strange but lovely. I can see all the puns now..hee hee. Anyhow she is a marathoner but had taken a long break since Gold Coast and today was her first run and first speed session. Poor girl...
We ran into the gardens and did a few strides. It felt great to run fast but I knew I wasn't able to do 100% still today. Nonetheless I did 100% enthusiasm instead!
We ran 30sec on 30sec jog for 15mins or so. I was running hard but never hurt - a sign that I am taking it easier than usual. I started behind everyone but the plan was to keep Tesso in sight. Umm well that worked until the last few laps. I think she got faster and faster with each lap...she certainly got further and further away. The only thing motivating me was the fear of being lapped.....
I feel very stiff now - my bum and lower back are all tight as. Thanks to the gym workout (part of the new me) I did yesterday. Hopefully I will go back in there on Thursday and be not as sore so I can get a good workout again which should free up some muscles.
Tomorrow 5:30am - the start of the midweek long runs with Tesso and Toastie.
3 comments:
That's funny, I thought you were in front of me and was wondering when you were going to lap me! There were sooooo many people there this morn, I didn't know who was where. And there were some I didn't even know were there until the warmdown.
Your 100% enthusiasm was so obvious, and it was contageous. I came away from today fired up for weeks and weeks of hard training leading up to Kurrawa.
See ya in the morn :-)
I can't imagine you being anything but 1000% enthusiastic. Really looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Your bum is tight ass?
Post a Comment