Thursday, September 07, 2006

OUT - but not down.

I should be devastated but in actual fact I feel only relief and some disappointment.

Due to family committments (they do come first - despite what many think!) and also my incapacity to run this week - I could barely walk until last night due to the Glasshouse Run. I have decided to not do the last remaining BRRC Championship race.

This Sunday is the 25km run - of which I had hoped to do well in and get a 99 or 98 score (second or third female member) but now I will not be competing. There is the true final - a 5km Run but I am not very competitive over the smaller distances so am never keen on this race. In fact I don't recall ever doing a 5km race before.

I am glad the pressure is off me now but I am sad to miss a great run with my running buddies. Will have my fingers crossed that Tess does her sub 2hr run with lots of time to spare.....GOOOO TESSSOOO

In the meantime my legs have been healing and today I can finally walk up the stairs at work without support.

I am looking forward to a long leisurely run on Saturday morning now to really free up the legs.

Next big focus is KURRAWA - 25KM in December.....then again I'm keen to run the full 50km if rumours are true and others are doing the full monty..(Tess you out there???)

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Well, it won't seem the same without you out there on Sunday. And it won't seem the same afterwards when the bling is handed out, who will be woohoo-ing and naking a fuss over everyone. Could be a quiet old morning.

At least you have 2nd place sewn up, a fantastic achievement considering Little Clare is the only one in front of you. Then again, she's in danger of getting blown off the course if this wind keeps up so you never know ;-)

And re the full monty at Kurrawa ... I'm game if you are!

Superflake said...

Bad luck Clairie. 2nd place is good. Go for Kurrawa 50klm.

2P said...

Sounds like a good decision Clairie - woooohoooo 50k at Kurrawa - excellent ;-)

Toasty said...

Good thinking! I really like the relay concept of Kurrawa even though I'll miss it this year. I vote for the 25.