I am starting to feel really good - bodywise. Still have tired legs and sore muscles from the gym workouts but overall I feel the new plan is working.
The main thing is I am more aware of what I eat and....most importantly WHEN. I have been eating before 7.30pm which really helps.
This morning I met Tess and Toastie at Regatta at 5.30am. It was light and despite it being cool you could sense that we are on the end of winter.
We ran out towards the city and then over the Goodwill Bridge, along Kangaroo point over the Story bridge and back to the Regatta. All up 16.5km. Garmin had 16.3km in 1:21 - just under 5min pace. I was very happy with that. The Garmin always loses 200-300m on this run as we run under the bridges/riverside expressway for some time. When you come out the other end it corrects itself but doesn't match up to the markings on the footpath exactly.
Did 5mins of stretching and felt great after a hot shower.
An interesting discussion came up at Pat's yesterday - he is going to put a team in for the NY Marathon 2007.
Tess and I are both keen and this has just fuelled my desire to train hard. I am glad I am motivated as over the summer months I will look back on this posts/words to ensure I don't loose track or get discouraged as the heat affects my times and energy levels.
6 comments:
Sounds like a really nice run Clairie. Glad to hear the new regime is already having a positive effect. That's very encouraging.
I'll just have to settle for Boston 2008. Would love to run NY at some stage. Have heard it is very hard on the legs as the streets are mainly concrete unlike the aussie tar, so a bit less give. But crowd support is huge.
After visiting a dietician I have started having dinner ready at 8pm. We used to eat much later as Mr WT is often home late from work - now if he isn't home by 8 his dinner goes in the oven. So far I haven't had to eat alone.
But no alcohol - there's a tough one.
Good luck
wt
Thanks for the run this morn. I would have gone half as far and twice as slow if you guys weren't out there. Its good to know we're going to make a habit of these longish mid-weekers. All part of the master plan!
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York :-)
Wow!! NY - how excitement! Now that is something to keep you motivated over the difficult summer months.
Post a Comment