Tuesday, January 23, 2007

500's at PCRG


It was a tough session today. Mainly because it felt like I was swimming and not running with the amount of sweat coming of me and those running around me - truly it was a hot day and everyone seemed to be feeling it.

We did the 3k warm up without too much fuss and then got straight into our efforts. 6 x 500m with 1x500m to finish.
The first effort was wonderful. Truly I felt fantastic and great to be out running again. The foot was flying along and in harmony to the rest of my body (as opposed to the limping effort of late). However I had to focus on my lungs after that first effort as I was having difficulty filling them with oxygen and maintaining my form.

Nonetheless I got through the seesion with only mild heart attacks and suprisingly no chucks at the end - though it WAS close!

I felt I worked hard today and was really happy with my performance. Then again, I have had the week off so I guess I was well rested and due to come back!

On the cooldown back to the Ship Inn my foot was aching badly. Really weird thing was it went away afer we stopped for water in the gardens about 1km from the finish. It has been intermittent all day in my work shoes but I can't say I feel anything at the moment as I type this. I am so over not knowing what it is that I have decided to run regardless and as (if) the pain changes or increases I will then submit to the MRI. In the meantime....there is training to be done!

10 comments:

Superflake said...

Why are you the only one running?

Jen said...

Wow. You are looking fit girl !!

Tesso said...

Well, at least now you know how to stop the pain if it happens during a run, have a drink ... water that is :-)

Mat said...

It's good you had such a great session, particularly with how hot it was. We should have all been wearing swimming goggles not sunnies.

Anonymous said...

Go Clairie, your looking really fit. Loving that tan line.....ha ha.

Look after the foot, you will need it for Canberra so be sensible.

Bernie G said...

Great photo you look great. Look after that foot, don't forget you have to smash Blue Dog again ;-).

Stephen Lacey said...

"6 x 500m with 1x500m"

Um, so that would be 7 x 500m?

Glad to hear that the foot seems to be on the mend. It is bound to keep yapping away for a while, but definitely sounds like it is on the way out.

2P said...

Forget water - carry a hip flask ;-)

Ditto what Jen said.

Clairie said...

hAhA Ok I meant 6 x 500m with 1 x 250 (half out and back). Doh idiot that I am.

Ewen said...

OK, so all that lot on the other side are still going out. You're fast!

I wouldn't worry about the mild heart attacks, just keep an eye on the foot.