As my foot has been a bit sore lately from coming down Mt Cootha to hard last week I decided to skip that session and head to Pats instead. Thankfully he wasn't scheduing a speed session and we had a 50min run on the books instead. Though getting caught talking to the faster runners in the group I certainly ran a lot harder and faster than I wanted to.
The 1km race at the end I didn't bother nominating a time and just run easy. Did 4:57min and the weeks running caught up with me so I stayed with Pat to call in the last few runners. I then walked all the way back to the Ship Inn for a pancake breakfast.
Oh and best thing of the day - I won the Group Member Award, which was a double pass to Gold Class cinemas woo hoo.
3 comments:
Congratulations on the award Clairie! I love Gold Class.
I once suffered a stress fracture to my heel from running Mt Cootha...I used to do it every Friday (and loved it). So be careful.
Take care of your foot Clairie - you'll need both of them over the coming months.
A pity you can't take Tesso - sitting down in a cool theatre for 2 hours is not good for the back ;)
You bugger, you didn't tell me you won the Group Award!!! You are so deserving, I'm suprised you don't win it every week.
So, Gold Class movie tickets. Maybe we can double date. I'll just have to find a double. Wonder what Elle McPherson is up to.
Post a Comment