For the past few weeks I have been suffering from a bad chest cold that has caused me to not do many runs.
Christmas Day I had the pleasure of running with my running buddies and then wheezing whilst I watched them run many more laps than I was able to.
I rested a week after Kurrawa and then ran again because everyone was doing the Green Bridge initiation run. I just couldn't miss out when everyone else in Brisbane was christening the new bridge. It was a 17.5km run and I honestly can't recall going up some of the hills. But the bridge I remember. It was lovely. Thank goodness it was overcast and not overly hot.
I went to bed for three days and was generally miserable.
Christmas Day I had the pleasure of running with my running buddies and then wheezing whilst I watched them run many more laps than I was able to.
I felt much better a few days later but decided against running hard for a week.
Saturday we did the Green Bridge run again - the opposite direction for the loop. It was fun and I realised how much I had missed out on the previous week.
Sunday 31st we did the New Years Eve run up Mt Cootha. It was tough but I felt great and loved it. Tess was tearing up the hill and I was amazed and in awe of her running ability.
This morning - 1st January 2007 I ran again with friends and did an hour running around the city greeting all those that felt seedy or for other reasons were on their way home after a long night out. It was fun but I was ready to just go back to bed after finishing.
The trek towards Canberra has begun and I am keen to get stuck into my training now.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES.
9 comments:
Its been a great last few days, hasn't it. I can't think of a better way to close out the year. Not only have we had some great running but also a wee bit of socialising.
How good is it that we get to hang out with such a fantastic bunch of people :-)
Happy New Year Clairie! Thanks for all your support last year. I'm sure 2007 is going to be an absolutely stellar year for you!
And of course by getting stuck into the training you mean 'getting over your cold first'!!
Clairie, thanks heaps for your support and comments this year! And just so you know, I still have your email & I read it and still find it inspiring and positive, THANKS.
Stu
Happy New Year to you too Clairie - I'm looking forward to being infected by your enthusiasm again in '07 :-)
Happy new year Clairie and I hope the chest cold is now banished so you can get stuck into your Canberra training.
Happy New Year, Clairie. I hope you shake the lurgie fast so you can get stuck into your training. Don't overdo it now!
Of course you'll follow Steve's advice now, won't you?
I'm looking foward to following your journey over the next 3 months to the sub-3:20 in Canberra! :)
It's great to see that you are getting over your cold flu stuff and are feeling better.
Happy New Year to you and I hope that 2007 is another great year for you!
Easy Clairie, I was going to join you on Wednesday but the rain stopped me. I'm working my way back into a full schedule and there is no rush for me right now. But, I will join you as much as I can and run beside you in preparing for your Canberra quest.
Post a Comment