Thursday, January 04, 2007

Running Update

Just a quick one.

Starting to feel very weary. The aftereffects of the flu thing and also the amount of training of late.

Tuesday - Speed session at Pats. Only did 80% effort but kept the recovery time down to compensate.

Wednesday - 16.5km. Went out easy, upped the pace midway, came home easy then did a hard last km - well it felt hard but was only 4:30min/km pace. I was very tired...and cold...and wet. It rained pretty much the whole run.

Thursday - 9km. Mount Cootha trails. Was cool again this morning and Chris had a plan to make us work for it. He sent us off in groups A, B & C with 2mins in between each starting. I was in group B. The idea was to catch the members of the group in front of you. I did that within 15mins but was also overtaken by the C group quite easily (oh dear..). It was fun but the weird thing was we all worked so damn hard it was our fastest run ever on that course. Coach was very impressed. I was very sore. Icing my ankles now as they were hurting alot from the downhills. I need new shoes :(

9 comments:

Shane said...

The dreaded lurgy has hit our household aswell with poor little Sam getting it first. I haven't yet but am waiting for it to hit.

Sounds like it has been a hard few weeks, hopefully you feel better soon, maybe some retail therapy will do the trick.

And HNY to you aswell, see you Saturday :-)

Tesso said...

Gee, imagine your coach making you work hard. I'd be asking for my money back :-)

Good on you for catching up to the A group, they must be worried about you now. Next thing you know you will be in that group, and then before too long Chris will have to start an A+ group just for you.

Don't tell Langy about the shoes ;-)

Jen said...

Take care of yourself Clairie. Last thing you want is for that lurgy to hang around any longer. I'm with Shane - retail therapy is good. Chocolate is also a great cure-all; I'm sure Tesso agrees
:-)

Rob said...

Whow Clairie you are working hard! I saw your photos on Pat's website. You are looking trim and terrific.

Stephen Lacey said...

The hard work will pay off, Clairie. Remember to give your body a chance to recover and adapt every now and then. (Do as I say, not as I do!)
Thanks for the comment on the boys. It was nicer than one that came in this morning asking if I know who the biological father was, LOL!

TD said...

It was great to catch up with you again Clairie. I also agree with Eddie that you looked in great shape. You sure kept that lurgy thing well hidden.

Samurai Running said...

Hi Clairie

Thanks for your comments about the half I ran last they were well thought out and helpful.

I'm looking forward to continued contact this year. You were my first blog contact and have remained a great inspiration. I wish you and yours all the best for 2007.

Lulu said...

Sounds like a very hard run. I hope you have a great 2007.

Stu Mac said...

I hope you are on the right side of the 'flu thingy' now. Get well and enjoy your preparation for Canberra!!