Pretty happy with my run this morning. Not because of my time but because I was able to be consistent and I felt great throughout the run. No niggles from the weekend and no soreness that is outside the 'to be expected' variety.
SPLITS
1km - 3:54
1.5k - 5:59
3km - 12:06
I was aiming for 12:10, felt like I was running 11:30pace and ended up with 12:06.
I do believe that next time around - with similar conditions - I will be able to do an 11:55. So that's the goal.
FEB - 11.55
MAR - 11.45
APR - 11.35
Thats a big ask....but that's what I am aiming for. Reach for the stars and all that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 comments:
Pleasing result all things considered - the injury (?) and the weekend. Start the next TT with a sub 12 mindset and I am sure you will nail it. I hope you get down to your aimed times it would be a great boast for Canberra.
Well done this morning, its great to see you back in form in TTs.
We have an extra week until the next TT, this one was really the Feb one early. So factor that in. By early March you should be well and truly in sub 11:55 form. Easy :-)
Nice pace Clairie - that sub 12 is already packing its bags ;-)
great goals - but remember you have that little speed-hump known as the Canberra Marathon mixed in there as well. Don't get too hung up on the speedwork while the Mara is still the big goal :)
Those are much nicer splits :)
Keep the 3:54 for the 11:55 attempt. The others, of course, you probably should go out a tad quicker.
Noooo! You can't speed up. My secret plan was to keep improving for a few more months till I could beat ur hide.
Only kidding. Best of luck with your sub 12 plans and well done on the consistant pacing this month!
Sub 12 next time for sure Clairie. But like Miners said the goal is Canberra Marathon.
Clairie, what do the splits and the way you felt during the run tell you that you have to do in training to record more even (or progressively faster) splits?
I hope that miners misinterpreted your intentions. Stating goal time trial times does not mean you aregoing to focus on speed work does it? What you mean is that your marathon-specific training is going to give you better endurance to carry the pace through to the end and at an increasingly better pace? Right?
The time trial is just a barometer isn't it, not an end in itself...isn't it? Please tell me this is so!
Alot more consistant this time Clairie. I like your goals and think that you have little problems achieving them.
The endurance base will help alot and considering you do Pats I dont think there is any doubt that you will not have the speed and endurance to get sub 11.30 in the next few months.
See you Sunday, Race Director ;-)
Good TT Clairie!
Yes you should try to trick your mind into telling your legs/lungs to do better. Aim low in your mind, say 11:15, and hope come next TT day you'll come bloody close.
Anyway that's my next TT plan.
You can do it Clairie! I think you will achieve it through training for Canberra.
If anyone could do it Clairie, it's you !
Go Clairie go!
Great stuff Clairie, go for it, if you believe you can do it, then you probably will!
You can do it!
Vice nice run, Clairie. Regardless of whatever your long range goal is, I think the main thing is that you had a good run, are not injured, and you are feeling good about your running.
Post a Comment