Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Midweek 16km run

Started out at the most humid time of the day again!!
Met up at 5.30am and we did the usual Wednesday course around Brisbane city, over the Storey Bridge and back to the Regatta via Queen Victoria.

We stopped regularly for water - which was very necessary as it was extremely humid.

It took us 1:19 to do this run. I have run much faster but I was still happy to get around and just complete it. As per previous runs of late the foot pain was intermittent so I am very confused. I am sitting here at lunch with my foot in a bucket of ice & water (do you know how BLOODY PAINFUL that is??) and I have been applying Voltaren so hopefully things will start to settle down soon.

It was weird starting out with Tesso and then leaving her to do her 90min walk around Brisbane. She is being very good and sticking to the plan set out with the physio of running only every alternate day. I am so proud of her.....but can't wait until she is back running and we can keep gossiping about all you mob!

12 comments:

Tesso said...

Great run by you guys this morning. It was kind of depressing watching you disappear into the distance, but I have to behave or else you will go mad at me.

I did have sooooo much goss to tell you about our fellow bloggers too. Will fill you in later :-)

I hope your foot settles down soon too! It had better not get worse and stop you running, especially if I am back to 'normal' in a day or two.


PS I must say I am wondering where you had lunch today if you were sitting with your foot in a bucket.

Rob said...

I am sorry to hear that your foot is still bothering you Clairie. That sort of thing really takes the edge off the enjoyment of our great sport. I hope it will be all better soon.

Robert Song said...

I would be careful about Tesso's gossip.

I can't believe half the things she says about you are true ;-)

2P said...

Dodgy Foot Syndrome doesn't sound like much fun - it coming and going must be very frustrating - maybe it's a nerve thing?

Tesso makes Dory Evans seem discreet :-)

miners said...

I must admit I sometimes do odd things at work that get the colleagues talking (they can't get over the skins under the work pants one). Haven't gone the foot in the bucket yet though.

gee - and you missed all that goss while you were running? I don't think you can really consider that a good effort after all ;)

CJ said...

Hope that foot gets better real soon! I agree - foot in bucket of ice and water is painful - been there, done that! Not envying you at all! Take care......

Shane said...

Walking seems to be the craze at the moment so I decided to get in on the act as well. Hopefully your foot improves so you dont have to join the expanding list of invalids.

Take it easy Clairie :-)

Ewen said...

Being confused is better than constant pain Clairie. Keep the ice thing going.

So, what's the goss on fellow bloggers? C'mon, tell us!

Stephen Lacey said...

I can't possibly imagine you two gossiping.

Don't get too frustrated about the foot. It'll get better in its own good time as long as you don't hammer it oo hard.

Mat said...

Nice run for some seriously humid weather :-).

It's frustrating trying to work out what an injury is doing, like whether its getting worse or getting better.

I'm keeping several digits crossed for you, just for luck :-).

TD said...

I'm just catching up on the goss after being away and one of the first things I wanted to find out was about your foot. Must be a relief that it isn't stress fractures but would still be a worry for you. Let's hope it clear up without too much grief.

The world wouldn't be quite right unless you and Tess were gossiping about the rest of us. It would be a disappointment if it was any other way.

Martin said...

I know just how painful having your foot a bucket full of ice water is Clairie, it's terrible ! I hope your foot comes good, just be careful with it ok?

Good luck with your running mate.