Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Speed Work

Turned up at Pats for another session this morning. And before Steve or Ewen growl me for it, let me say that I only turned up because it was Pats....and well you can't miss a chance to run with such a great group of friends....AND I didn't really do any speed work.

I took it easy and covered around 6km for the session and just floated as everyone else was doing 30/30 efforts. It was fun to not have to run hard.
I just couldn't imagine a Tuesday without starting it at P.C.R.G.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Yes boys, Clairie did take it very easy. And we didn't think she knew how!

Sure felt strange watching everyone huffing and puffing didn't it. My legs do feel 100% for getting out there for a jog.

Shane said...

New look blog, I like it.

Very sensible Clairie! I like watching other people suffer aswell ;-)

Mat said...

You showed great restraint to take it easy (while we were all suffering, I mean enjoying the sprints)!

Ewen said...

I believe you. Good girl ;)

Thanks for the tip re the laces. Thinking some more about it, the laces on my Frees could have been a bit tight on the Tuesday. I have high-arched feet which makes them a bit sensitive. Must have pinched a nerve or something.

Stephen Lacey said...

OK, I am not freaking out either. Reverse taper and all that. 6k easy should be fine if you have no major leg pain. But I think you still need to show a lot orestraint and only gradually build the mileage back over the next week or more. Nothing dramatic for a few more days.