Wonder who's going to kill the Video Stars??????????
Tess and I fronted up to Pats determined to have a great time and enjoy the day. It was really fun. We did the warm up slowly....not because we felt bad but because we wanted to get on the video ha ha ha ha As it turned out the cameraman wasn't ready by the time we went past him so we sped it up.
Once in the gardens it was great to see so many others there for the session - over 100 of us! ****101 TO BE PRECISE**** We had hill reps - which sounds bad but is a fantastic session that really works you whilst allowing you to see and cheer others in the group. For any newbies it is a good one to come to - they get the full support and encouragement as opposed to an out and back course session.
I did the first lot of hill reps as best I could. Then I picked on some others who seemed to be slowing or otherwise needing encouragement. Anna B was doing well until I pulled up alongside and yelled at her to get moving. Told her to mentally 'push all the paperwork off her desk and focus on getting up the hill'. It seemed to work and she put in a great effort.
Next on the target list was Cassie - she is doing 6hrs at Caboolture this weekend and I suspected it was her last hard session before then....so best make it work I thought! I pulled up alongside and raced her to the top. She did so well, I know she is going to have a good run on Saturday.
Next I heard Pat tell us to finish it off. So I cut short the recovery (and got the full disapproval of PUNTERMATT) and went up the hill again. Toastie didn't like me being in front so he zoomed past with every last ounce he had (I could tell as he didn't even wave when he went past).
It all seemed to be over so soon.
On the cooldown Tess and I took it easy and made our entrance back to the group in true style - on the back of Flash and Phantom that is! Will be amusing to watch in the video.
After a quick lippy application and change of hat, I was off to stand beside Pat and Tess for the group shot. Very proudly I might add.
I just love being a PCRG runner!!! (ps it's not compulsory to do the 20 pushups after a run, but if Tess does em - I have to. If I do em, Toastie has to....and on it goes...)
7 comments:
So what was the video for?
More importantly will you sign my autograph book when you come down for the CR5K?
:-)
Wasn't today just the best fun!!! But still it was hard work - that hill isn't easy, especially when we have to do the long run up to it.
Good on you for encouraging the girls and making them work hard, others do it to us and we should pass the 'favour' on whenever we can.
I can't believe nobody else joined in on the push-ups, I had four of the group doing them last Friday. Probably camera shy :-)
Today was just the best, wasn't it. It's not what I was expecting when asked to be in a hot and sweaty video.
I really envy you all there. Anyway, the next best thing to being there is to read about it.
Keep on blogging Clairie.
There is nothing like a few hills early in the morning to get your heart rate up. Not that I know anything about that though. You sound like a frustrated Drill Seargent, yelling at those poor girls
101!!! my group runs are generally a group of 2
And are we going to see the group shot?
Post a Comment