Tess was absolutely dynamite this morning.
Someone lit the cracker and she wasn't to be seen again.
We jogged out to New Farm and then did 3 x 4mins and 1 x 2min with 1min recovery in between.
Eddie looked like he was in pain so we told him to take it slow. Bit sad when someone taking it 'slow' cruises past you with ease.
Anyhow onto more interesting people - me - today was quite good. I went out conservatively in the aim to do all 3x4min efforts at the same pace. I managed to do this and got to the same coloured brick in the road each effort. But I just felt terrible going out on the third one with the rest cut short.
The last 2min was hard also but felt good because you knew it was going to be over. I did however experience a massive cramp at the end of this. I am starting to no worry about them anymore as I tend to get them so often I can run with them. Not sure what causes them but maybe this morning I was a bit dehydrated?
Certainly Pat's Pineapple was a good lift and great way to finish the session.
After the efforts we jogged back to the Ship Inn. Tess left me in the city to go to work. Damn she is going great guns. Pat called out to her on the last effort "Sub 3:20 in Canberra Tess" and she had enough breath to yell back....though it isn't the sort of language you want to put into print here on this g rated web site....
Have no idea what we are doing for the speed sessions next week... but bring it on.
Tess is going to have a time trial with Eddie, Langy and the others going to Canberra on the 29th March. I am doing mine the following week so I asked Langy to pace me to a sub 12:22 - to which he agreed.
Pat said I would get a special medal for breaking my PB 3 months in a row.....I'm thinking Langy might need some rope to pull me though though. I feel better lately but my speed is not improving. I just look and feel more comfortable when I run.
No comments:
Post a Comment