Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tessos 3km Time Trial - 11:55

Nice cool morning but with a lovely day ahead. Perfect weather. Really wish I did not have a job as I would have loved to just have a day off (so sad after 4 days off...)

Set out with the whole group for a slowish warm up to the start of the 3km TT line. Everyone was taking it easy for the 3kms warm up which was great. I really worked at the strides and was running them progressively harder until the last one was an all out effort. I was pumped. (LOL so glad we rested for a bit whilst Pat was talking before we headed off....)

Pat got Tess, RITH, Spot, Nick and Ciaran to line up with him at the start line. Off they shot for a 3km time trial. The rest of us were just doing 1km efforts with ample rest. I waited about 8 sec until Tess was like 100m ahead then someone yelled go. Off I set to catch her and give her some encouragement. It was easy to go fast but as soon as I got to the 500m line I was dead. I kept it up knowing that Tess needed me behind her to push along. We were all going so fast as we knew we could stop at the 1km mark. It must have been so hard for Tess and the others to have people going past that normally wouldn't and then to see them stop and know you had to keep going. I got to the 1km mark and stopped. Watch said 3:48. Tess kept going. One down 2 to go.

I rested for 90sec and then took off after Jonesy. We saw Tess close to the 500m line coming towards us - she was almost finished YAH! She looked so comfortable I thought she might have stopped and had a rest as well.
That one took me 3:55 - it was the hardest one. I then had a 2min rest in order to be able to do the last one. I knew there was no way I would be doing any 500m runs afterwards as Pat suggested if we finished early....
I was struggling but got to the 500m mark and knew I would get home. I never looked at my watch until I crossed the line. 3:50. I was wrapped with that.

Tess had done her TT in 11:55 - 2 secs off her PB. A great run from her and looking good for Canberra. The race calculator is now saying 3:22.


I was pretty happy with my times. Average of 3:50 and it felt good (not at the time) to run that fast. Really need to have my rest day tomorrow though....

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Fantastic times for those reps there Clairie. So glad I was doing my TT and didn't have to try to keep up with you! Imagine stringing three of those babies together on Tuesday :-)

Thanks sooooo much for pushing me in that 1st km. Certainly helped heaps. I couldn't believe you caught up so quickly - it sure gave me a nudge.

Would love to be able to pay back the favour next week for your TT but alas I have to run marathon race pace that day - whew!