Pat had us down for a long warm up, 15min of Fartlek and then the cool down. All up about 11km.
Headed over to New Farm area to do the Fartlek. The warmup with the group is getting quite fast. I was not feeling comfortable with the pace - thought I was using up all my precious speed energy in the warm up.
After a few mins of stretching and then some stride outs I felt a lot better.
The group is getting really big now and the start can be a bit congested. Luckily it is not a race!!!
Went out for 1min fast then 1min jog, then 30sec fast then 30sec then 15sec sprint. 15ec rest then repeat all over x4.
I stayed as close as possible to Tess but I notice that my recovery jogs are always a lot slower than hers so she gets in front and then it is a mad race to try to close the gap when we are both running hard. I really need the slow recovery pace - especially after the 1min effort.
Tess had a big weekend - did 32km at 5:08pace on Saturday then followed it up with a 5km hard race. The first few km of the race was good pace just trying to get past everyone then with the last few km to go she took off and got home in 21:04. Just shy of her PB and a great effort.
So after all that I thought for sure she would be slack today, but no not our Tess. She still gave it everything she had with sore calves and all!!
My knee was so painful today but when the speedwork started it went away. Now it is back again. Can't wait to see what UQ tell me tomorrow when I go there for an assessment..
3 comments:
Enjoyed the read of your last week or so. Well I also thought your Blogg was Tess's by default as you always included what she was doing - the title no relflects the comment. Sounds like you had an interesting time in Melbourne - I was there with the family over Christmas and enjoyed the Tan and the 'up' Anderson hill - also went to China town and the markets so I could imagine your travels well.
I assume you are still doingthe 10k in Canberra and getting set for a PB.
I have booked my flights for the Lest We forget Marathon in Brisbane - flying in on Saturday at 5.25pm and out on Sunday on 5.30pm flight. So hopefully that will give me some time to catch up with you and Tess.
I haven't booked any accom as Plu is thinking of coming up as well and we will leave that part until closer.
Ray
Sounds like you & Tess are really getting ahead with all the work in Pat's group; great to have such a coach & support team with you, Clairie...pays off, doesn't it?
sure hope I get to meet you & Tess & other CRs when I come up for the GC marathon in July. LL
Hello Dude!
Sorry I've piked out from Pat's group - I was really enjoying running with you guys... things are a bit tight financially for a bit which is why I've switched to the Run Inn Track nights instead for the time being!
Hope to see you on sunday though!
Did I mention I'm doing the GC Half? LOL - can't believe I am - but apparently I'm told if I keep going the way I have been, I should be able to complete it :)
We're going to have to have one hell of a party with all these lovely interstate CR's coming up to qld for the GC! Yippee!
Post a Comment