Did not sleep well at all last night. Tossed and turned and heard every noise. Also tried waiting for hubby to come to bed so I kept the light on but turns out he came to bed just before midnight. No wonder I was so restless all night.
Got up at 5.15am and felt ok but it didn't improve from there. Legs were not sore but just real tired and heavy.
Started out early for the warm up - one of our longer ones past the boat shed and did heaps of stretching. Felt better but thought I would still take it easy today.
Pat said 6 x 2min with 1min recovery but after the first 2min we had 50sec recovery and it got smaller from there.
We ended up doing 4 x 2min and then a final 2min effort to the start of the 1km mark.
From there we all had to pay a gold coin donation and guess our time to do 1km. What a joke. I wanted to go slow so put the time of 5:13 down. Went slow but still did 4:37. Not many of us were even close to our guesses. We were so used to doing that marked out km so fast (for our time trials) that we all ran faster than we guessed.
The money was all donated to Camp Quality and the winner (closest person to their guess) got the receipt for the donation for their tax return.
Hopefully by the end of the year we raise enough money to send 2 children away to Camp Quality.
After our cool down some merchandisers were giving away free Up and Go cereal bars. So appropriate for us fit looking people. We had a little fun and thanked them for the lovely (ukky sweet!!!) bars.
A great way to end the week. I won't be running tomorrow - have a plane to catch.
So look out Melbournites here I come!
5 comments:
Those Up and Go bars were really sweet, werent they... I ate mine for breakfast and even though it's the same in calories as a bowl of cereal or a couple of slices of toast, I was hungry again by 9am! They're so processed, it's a bit revolting *grins*
Thanks for walking some of the way back with me... I felt so tired this morning!
Have a great time in Mexico Clairie
It's beautiful Autumn weather down here at the moment. See you on Saturday for a run at the Tan.
You are amazing. I love reading your blog and wish I could accomplish even half your running prowess.......16km before work WOW.
Oh.... and then there is that thing about the photo with Mona!!!!
Cheers
WT
What a great post, Clairie! Up at 5:15 a.m. after a sleepless night is no joke; aren't those sorts of nights terrible to get through? And gosh, you're obviously working hard & having fun in training & such improvement all the time! You should be so pleased with your results; have a great time in Melbourne.....from your Chickybabe blogger!
Post a Comment