Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wednesday Run

Woohoo you go girl. I am superwoman. Flying on the track...Give me back my Olympic Time Trial application form...I am on fire. Hot hot hot.

Okay well not quite - but much better day than yesterday.

Met up with Tess and the boys at 5:30am and headed out for a mid week run. They were all running 17km but I was only doing 10km (as per Pat's Instructions Langy!!!).

Started running at a decent pace. I thought Tess intended to run at 4:40-4:45 pace so I aimed for that. Did 4:50, 4:40, 4:35: 4:32 before the guys really started to complain. Tess had dropped back to pick up some of the other runners (I'm sure that's a tactic to get more milage *BIGGRIN*) and the guys were scared of me and started to drop off (sure sure we all believe the shoelace came undone story). But then the great DON caught up just at the 4km mark and pulled them all on ahead. You should have seen their faces when I turned around at the 5km mark to head back. hee hee.
Past Tess who then decided to take a different route. She then came back with one of the guys and from the 4km mark did consistent 4:30kms with the last one being 4:23. Wow! All that at the end of a 17km run. One tough bird.
I finished my 10km in good time (seriously a really good time so I think I did less than 10km or I have a jetburner where there shouldn't be one!!!!) Must remember to use Tess garmin thingy to measure next time.

Finished up with a great breakfast with friends before zooming off to work.
Keen to get tomorrows session over and done with now before easing into the long weekend.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You sure are going great Clairie.

Dave said...

I can already hear the sounds of a big smashing PB down at Canberra, especially with the CR cheer squad going crazy!!!