Turned up feeling sooo tired. Had about 4 hours sleep. I need 8 minimum!!!
Session was going to be 3km warm up then 2 x 2km and 1x 1km with 3km warm down.
Had a goal to do the first 2km rep in 8mins but failed miserably. Did 8:16, then 8:37 and then a 4:16. Was so miserable. Tess was worked really hard and tried her best to pull me through (thanks for that rope you threw Tess) but I just gave up and told her to plough on. Not like me but my legs were like lead and my brain was fuzzy.
After the session I had a shower and raced to work. Then still felt like crap so I called it quits and went home for a nap. A few hours later I was back at my desk and feeling much much better.
Tess is right on target for a sub 3:25 but I have higher aspirations for her. Then again I think I am going to do 46:30 and she has higher aspirations for me...so it must be a running buddy thing.
Can't wait for Canberra....then I can start looking forward to the next race :)
4 comments:
Clairie,
Don't worry, on the day you will be fine. The atmosphere will be electric, it will blow you away, it really is a great feeling to line up at the strat of a big event. You will get the best buz and thrill from the whole experience.
Clairie, both you and Tess will have great runs at Canberra. You have been training the house down and are primely tuned for the big show. As Eddie says, the atmosphere will spur you along and bring you home well. I am looking forward to running with Tess in the marathon to see what we can both do. Should be fun!
Of course you'll run well, Clairie! The atmosphere really does get to you & spurs you on...Chickybabe has said it is so!!
Just don't let the atmosphere get you too excited. A rush of blood at the start and a few overly quick early Ks is a trap you should try to avoid.
You've done some some great training. Best of Luck.
Post a Comment