I'm talking about Superwoman Tesso - not me!!
Had a 3km Time Trial on the schedule today. Not the exact type of thing I was feeling like. Decided to see how I felt after the warm up.
Some newcomers again to Pat's group. Most significant - Hannah! Finally fronted up (oh gee Tess we forgot to tell her about the time trial hee hee).
Headed out early on the warm up so we could really warm the legs at a reasonable pace - not fast like the group has been starting to do.
Did some strides and felt great. Still not sure what I was going to run but then the gun (imaginary) went off and so did everyone. I got caught up in it and saw Matt. He said he was planning on 4:10 even splits so I decided to run alongside him to see if I could do that as well. At least I could learn what it was like to run evenly.
Tesso was going to be doing a soft run so I hoped to keep her in sight but she was out like a cannon. After a big weekend and a major effort on Sunday I really thought today she would be just jogging, but no Superwoman had to get within 14sec of her outstanding PB. And that's when she's tired!!!! Still wooped my butt with a 12:07 finish. How on earth does she do it? I've been running so long with her now and still don't know her secret. :(
Blew my plan to run evenly out of the water at 1km with a 4:00 split. Then headed back on a slight incline. This is always the hardest one. I did 4:17 but wasn't looking at the watch - I was just running alongside Matty. The last km he started shouting at me and I thought the sooner I finish the sooner I get this nut off my shoulder, so I dug deeper and got home with a 4:05 to finish in 12:22. Woo Hoo another PB. Set my sights on the Commonwealth Games next.
Matt I love you right now but I coulda killed you at the 2km mark. Thanks heaps.
Eddie was running well today - for someone who was just jogging with a hip injury. All these injured tired runners out there today IN FRONT OF ME whats that all about. Great Effort Eddie and really nice to see you waited for Tess at the turn around to go home with her.
My legs are still thumping but damn I feel good!
7 comments:
Congrats Clairie!!!! Two PBs in three days. Can't ask for much more than that.
My slits weren't exactly consistent either - 3:58, 4:10, 3:59. Only got that last one under 4 mins thanks to the wonderful Eddie who actually STOPPED AND WAITED for me at the final turn and then encouraged me the whole way home.
Last month Jonesy paced me to a PB, this time Eddie helped, and Puntermatt looked after you. How lucky are we to have these guys (all CoolRunners) looking after us :-)
Great to read about yet another PB from the magnificent Clairie. Also great to read about the great camaraderie you have going there in Pat's group. It certainly makes running that much more pleasurable. Keep up the good work guys.
Clairie - What can I say - I called this double PB on the BRR 20km Thread on CR the other night and I'm not suprised you've achieved it. You're rock hard fit and have been knocking on the door for some time now. I must now confess that contrary to your comments above, I never had any intention of running even 4:10's. I checked out your PB on Pat's site last night and thought that that 4:10's comment would be enough bait to get you running with me and then I'd take you out in an even 4:00 he he he!!!! :) Gees, didn't you enjoy that 4:00 first km???? Your fitness ensured that you held on well for 4:16 up the incline before charging home over the last 400 for a 4:06 last km!!! Keep it up Clairie, Sub 12 beckons later this year. And don't forget to take it easy for the rest of this week so you don't get injured and give me the guilts for pushing you too hard!!!
Way to go Champ!!!
PM
Gosh Clairie you are doing so well. With your guts and determination you have plenty of potential stored away yet.
I really enjoyed this morning and thanks to you and Tesso for your support :)
I was glad we did a slower warm up - I think my 3kms would have been an entirely different story had it been faster! LOL!
I think you lot might be stuck with me now *grins*
Well done Clairie on another PB, as you know you can continue to improve. An example, 4 Jan 04 I ran a PB for a 3000m track race, 12m 05s, this year with a full season of cross country racing and more track on 29 Jan 2005 I ran 11 min 08 sec. So keep going, keep enjoying and keeping working on catching Tess, you will catch her one day!
Congrats on another PB - it is great to know that even after running for a while there are still milestones to be reached and you seem to be reaching plenty of them at the moment.
Truely inspirational!
It also seems the groups you run with are fantastic and supportive.
Very Encouraging!!
Again - Congrats - and i think it is you that is turning into Superwoman!
Post a Comment