Today was the hardest run I have ever done. Seriously.
Started with a fast paced warm up for 15mins, some stretching and strides, then the speed session.
Everyone else was running around a loop in the gardens that Pat had set out followed by a sprint up the hill, then easy down and back around the loop (300m) - starting to sprint at the turnaround of the loop. As I am not encouraged to do hills just yet Pat had me doing just the loop.
I started out with a slow jog, then sprinted at the turnaround up to the bottom of the hill, then slow back to the turnaround. Basically 30/30s. It was so hard. I was hurting all over and really noticed a lack of fitness. I am totally devastated.
I had a red face for about an hour afterwards. I have taken a beating today and it really brought me back to earth. There is some hard work ahead to get me back to where I was before Canberra......
On a chirpier note, Tesso ran like a demon up those hills. It was fun to race with her then turn around and giggle while she had to sprint up the hill. It really takes it out of you but you can almost see her get stronger with each hill. It is our favourite session with Pat and I look forward to when I am in good condition and my leg is 100% so we can tackle the hills again. My goal this year is to keep with her for 6 hill reps. Then I will be happy to lay down and die... :)
7 comments:
Ha! Clairie, you ran like a demon on the flat there today, you made me look like I was standing still. No worse, like I was running backwards! Not suprised you found it so hard, you were flying.
Felt I achieved something though because I got to about a meter from the end of my fifth hill before I was finally lapped by someone from the 'A Team' (Peter). Could be a PB ;-)
Loved the loud music from the boom box near the top fo the hill. On one rep Pat was running beside me screaming at me to push harder and I was almost throwing up. The song playing at the time was The Clash "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". Summed it up for me.
Sounds like you guys had a ....ball...or something like that.
(actually sounds a little scarey)..
Great work!
:-)
So happy for you Clairie - you'll be racing Tess up that hill before you know it :)
Chin up, chook - things'll get better before you know it!
What a session, Clairie & Tesso! You "tarts", as you call yourselves, sure do run like demons! I so admire the hard work that you put into your training...will pay dividends at Canberra next year!!
It's good to hear the running stories again Clairie and Tesso.
A speed & hill session, what a 'hoot'. :-)
Post a Comment