Got to the Gym this morning at 6am. A good friend met with me and we did a warm up on the treadmill.
I walked for 5 mins and then ran for about 6 mins (bliss). I didn't want to push it too much. Then I headed into the gym area where I proceeded to spend the next 60 minutes completely embarressing the female gender.
I was trying to do chest presses on the machine. You put your foot on the pedal at the bottom to bring the side bits forward (to avoid injury) then grab the bars that came forward with your hands and close your hands together - whilst lifting the weights. Well on the first one I realised the weight was on 45kg and there was no way I was going to be able to press that!!! So I put my foot on the bottom pedal to hold the weight whilst I bent down and pulled the pin out to put it onto a lower weight.
Can you picture it now....as soon as the pin came out the weights flew up, my legs (on the pedal) went flying and I fell forward onto the floor. Amusing for everyone I am sure. *groan*
I proceeded to get back into my seat and do 3 x 15 reps before being game enough to move onto another equally challenging task.
After a while I got into the swing of things and just starting to commiserate that I didn't look like all the other gym junkies with their brown oiled buff bodies. Though nowhere did I imagine the pain of the shower room.
Went to my locker and got my gear out and walked to the shower...then had to walk back and put my gear away. All the girls were walking into the showers with nothing. Some didn't even take their towels. So they were going naked into the shower, then coming out and walking through to the lockers with nothing on. Heavens above. Oh well when in rome......
No comments:
Post a Comment