Well it's offical. Tesso is now a running teacher....such a perfect role for her.
She takes the Intraining Wednesday night running group. They are mostly beginner runners who have started to do speed training and are working towards 10km race goals.
After I spent the afternoon at UQ with the Physio I headed over to Intraining. Tesso got there and soon after all the runners turned up. Despite my warning to not run for a few weeks from the Physio (I'll start that tomorrow...) I went out with Tesso's Group. It was fun.
We warmed up for about 1.5km then after about 6 strides headed out for some 60/60's. Ran fast for 60sec then slow recovery jog for 60sec. Did 6 fast before stopping, stretching a bit then doing the warmdown. Got back to where we started and Tess took the group up the ramp for 3x 70m hill reps.
It worked out really well. I went at the front and was supporting the faster runners, Tesso stayed at the rear and made sure everyone was coping with the session. We all got back around the same time with the exception of one really slow woman. I thought she really hated us for the session (we changed it from what they normally do to give some variety) but she came up to me afterwards and asked some questions and said it was a good session.
The fastest girl in the group was on her virgin run so she was excited to be doing so well. I think she might hurt a bit today though as she has never done speed work before and was pushing it a bit.
Now onto those weeks of pure rest....
3 comments:
Sounds like a good session! Did anyone bring Miss Tesso an apple?
Congratulations to Tesso! A very lucky group of runners to have you training them too! LL
Yay! I bet you're both fab at it :)
I've got a friend I might send your way actually... she's learning to run at the moment and is just working up the courage to join a club :)
Post a Comment